4.25.2007

From the homeland of the Religion of Peace....

From Jihad Watch

"I want bomb, big bomb in London, again. I want make jihad!"


'Ed Hussain, a Muslim from London, found racism, sexual hypocrisy, and widespread jihadist sentiment as a teacher in Saudi Arabia. Read it all -- here are just a few salient excerpts. "How a British jihadi saw the light," from the Times, with thanks to all who sent this in:

...Many of the African women lived in an area of Jeddah known as Karantina, a slum full of poverty, prostitution and disease.

A visit to Karantina, a perversion of the term “quarantine”, was one of the worst of my life. Thousands of people who had been living in Saudi Arabia for decades, but without passports, had been deemed “illegal” by the government and, quite literally, abandoned under a flyover.

A non-Saudi black student I had met at the British Council accompanied me. “Last week a woman gave birth here,” he said, pointing to a ramshackle cardboard shanty. Disturbed, I now realised that the materials I had seen those women carrying were not always for sale but for shelter.

I had never expected to see such naked poverty in Saudi Arabia.

At that moment it dawned on me that Britain, my home, had given refuge to thousands of black Africans from Somalia and Sudan: I had seen them in their droves in Whitechapel. They prayed, had their own mosques, were free and were given government housing.

Many Muslims enjoyed a better lifestyle in non-Muslim Britain than they did in Muslim Saudi Arabia. At that moment I longed to be home again.'

Read it all @ Times Online.

1 comment: