9.16.2007

Almost more than I could bear.


Saban let the defense know what he expected
after they'd let Arkansas back in it.


The stadium was a loud as any Alabama game I've ever seen (except maybe the last National Championship). I sat with Billy R. (and traveled with Mendez & Mandy) and we were like children of the Depression, even up by 21, and we waited for hard times to come. Four years of disappointment made us uneasy, and seemingly with good reason after they took the lead late. On the last drive we just kept waiting for the disaster. When we pulled it off and won, the hole the last coach made in my stomach was finally gone for good. We won't be perfect, but we won't be the sort of team we've been for most of the last 10 years; We'll be a team that knows what it takes to win.
AL.com, T-News, Polls

1 comment:

  1. I'm still stunned. We're ranked and Auburn and Tennessee aren't. And I was just going to be pleased if we had a winning season...

    ReplyDelete