9.09.2007

All I can ask for.

It doesn't matter how many games we win at Alabama this year. We've already won in the most important way. We have a coach who can communicate what this is about to the players and they have internalized it.
Hardwork: “I think we have more confidence,” (the QB) Wilson said. “I think the way we worked in the offseason is just carrying over to the first few games. We didn’t play as well as we’d like to, but we played pretty well.”
Relentless effort: “When my feet first hit the floor this morning, I wanted to hit him (Vandy's QB),” senior end Wallace Gilberry said. “I wanted to hit him and continue to hit him, and that’s what I tried to do.”
High Expectations: “We aren’t satisfied, one bit,” senior receiver DJ Hall said. “We’re already looking to play Arkansas.”
Just makes me feel better - (article).

2 comments:

  1. Clyde said it best: Hooray Magic Saban!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard an interview with Saban Saturday where he stated that he was happy with the win but less than pleased by the offense's performance. He even singled some players out, which shouldn't have been as shocking as it was.

    However, Saban's remedy for the less-than-stellar performance was priceless: discipline and focus. I took that to mean no new fancy plays, no chalk board shenanigans, no shooting from the hip. Fix what we do. He added, "We are a missed block and a few slow steps from making big offensive plays." Or something to that effect.

    Hooray Magic Saban!

    ReplyDelete