4.19.2009

And If He Wins, I'm Running To Another State...Make That Country

Roy Moore, the modern idol of all morondom, says he'll probably run for governor of Alabama. Again? Oh dear.

Some quotes from True Christian(TM), noted judicial scholar, and Real American(TM) Non-Activist (unless Jesus needs judicial activism) Judge Roy Moore:
  • It can have a secular purpose and have a relationship to God because God was presumed to be both over the state and the church, and separation of church and state was never meant to separate God from government.
  • It would bother me if a judge told me how I had to believe. (irony...meter...busted...)
  • The First Amendment to the Constitution reflects that concept recognized in the Ten Commandments, that the duties we owe to God and the manner of discharging those duties are outside the purview of government. (Where in these commandments is government mentioned once, let alone its "purview" defined?)
  • The point is that knowledge of God is not prohibited under the First Amendment. (WTF?)
  • I stand before the Court of the Judiciary because I've done my oath. I've kept my oath. I have acknowledged God as the moral foundation of our law.
  • God has chosen this time and this place so we can save our country and save our courts for our children. (Always for the children...)
  • I believe that God is leading me to uphold the laws in Alabama and guide its policies. (His imaginary friend tells him how to uphold laws?)
And my favorite:
To disfavor practicing homosexuals in custody matters is not invidious discrimination, nor is it legislating personal morality. On the contrary, disfavoring practicing homosexuals in custody matters promotes the general welfare of the people of our State in accordance with our law, which is the duty of its public servants. Providing for the common good involves maintaining a public morality through both our criminal and civil codes, based upon the principles that right conscience demands, without encroaching on the jurisdiction of other institutions and the declared rights of individuals.

The State may not interfere with the internal governing, structure, and maintenance of the family, but the protection of the family is a responsibility of the State. Custody disputes involve decision-making by the State, within the limits of its sphere of authority, in a way that preserves the fundamental family structure. The State carries the power of the sword, that is, the power to prohibit conduct with physical penalties, such as confinement and even execution. It must use that power to prevent the subversion of children toward this lifestyle, to not encourage a criminal lifestyle.

Roy Moore believes that being a homo is a "criminal lifestyle." And he's running for governor. Of my state.

Although, it might be fun to find out exactly what it takes to force Obama to send the National Guard into Montgomery. Criminal persecution of homos? Giant crosses on public grounds? Ten Commandments posted in all schools? Prosecution of university professors for "subverting the family" by teaching not-the-bible? Who knows what crazy, anti-constitutional, bible-banging nonsense will cause our first black president to send in the National Guard. To Alabama. To stop a governor.

I changed my mind! I'm in: you can count on my vote Roy.


Judge Roy Moore reading something about graven images.

1 comment: