3.04.2007

Um...Dr. Wells...uh...your slip is showing...`

Jonathan Wells, the HIV denier/ID proponent who got a PhD in biology just so he could spread lies about evolutionary theory "with authority," so to speak, opened his mouth and stated the truth. I guess a one-day calender is right 24 hours in a year (if you buy into that "heliocentric theory" nonsense).

Anyway, the Cato Institute sponsored a debate between him and Michael Shermer. I'm sure it was a hoot. But then an audience member asked Wells a VERY GOOD FUCKING QUESTION: what was the alternative for the evidence for natural selection?

Well's answer:

“I don’t think I’m obligated to propose an alternate theory,” Wells publicly stated. “I don’t pretend to have an alternate theory that explains the history of life.”

In other words, my asserting that you are wrong is all I have to do. I need not present a model, let alone evidence for it.

And when Alabama blocks an Auburn field goal attempt, Alabama gets 3 points, right?

So since Wells is a fan of false dilemmas, which is he: a racist, fetus-eating pedophile unicorn or a pathetic superstitious fraud? Remember, there are ONLY two choices, and if one of them is wrong...

No comments:

Post a Comment