1.01.2007

And Don't You Forget It.


“It’s the greatest job in America.” - Joe Kines.
“I don’t believe that junk about too much expectation,” he said. “That’s what’s wrong with the world anyway. Too many people settle for average. “We’re not going to settle for average at Alabama.” - Joe Kines.
“There are some things at Alabama that I am really, really going to miss,” Rader said. “Probably at the top of that list is the Alabama player, and how hard the Alabama player plays. I don’t know if that started with Wallace Wade, or with Frank Thomas, but it is real. I saw it when I was here the first time [as an assistant to Ray Perkins] and I saw it today.” - Dave Rader.
But the new coach won’t face the far tougher task that often accompanies a regime change, or a rebuilding job. He won’t have to instill the will to win. - Cecil Hurt.
That’s why Alabama is, as Kines recognized, a great job... And it’s why the person who does might be closer than the world thinks to achieving greatness. - Cecil Hurt.
Column Link.

No comments:

Post a Comment