12.03.2006

And yes, they did it for the children

RIP, Das Booth


TUSKmag.com: Last call:

"Saturday [ November 25] marks the end of an era for students, alums and Tide fans alike. On that fateful day, The Booth – an institution as synonymous with the University of Alabama as houndstooth and hospitality – will close its doors on The Strip for the very last time.
....
'I’ve got a 9-year-old son, so I can’t disagree entirely with what they’re doing,' Hammock said. 'They’re looking for a place where kids won’t be walking by and looking in.'"

The Crimson White: Last Call

The Booth's official site

2 comments:

  1. Citizens of Tuscaloosa, you have 2 choices:
    1. Your child has to see a bar--the horror--while walking down the street IN A FUCKING COLLEGE TOWN.

    2. Your child gets driven over by a drunk driver because all the bars in walking distance of the campus were shut down FOR THE NOW-DEAD FUCKING CHILDREN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, progress. I think sunday midnights at The Booth were one of my favorite bar experiences. I think I need some Bourbon, king of the brown liquors.

    ReplyDelete