11.29.2007

Suffer The Little Children Pt 3

More disgusting news from the aggressively moral Christian right, one in our own state, whose clergy seem to like 15-year-old girls:
  1. Mobile-area Pastor raped and sodomized a 15-year-old girl.
  2. A Florida minister impregnated a 15-year-old girl.
I got both of these from PZ, and he states that he is listing these, and other, news stories to show that Christianity does not make you moral.
Religion doesn't make you bad, necessarily, but it sure doesn't make you good, either.
I don't completely agree. I think it's safe to assume that had these pastors and all those Catholic priests had a healthy view of sex and sexuality, as opposed to the Christian one, many of them would not be diddling children and teenagers. They wouldn't be operating churches, they would be operating sex clubs and sex shops for similar adults. In that case, I say some blame does lie with Christianity.

Even if you disagree, it's the added bonus of hypocrisy that gets me all giddy. I actually watch quite a bit of televangelist programming, and I frequently hear what they say is evil and amoral and what Jesus can do in your life if you follow his way. When I read these things, I feel nauseous as I chuckle.

No comments:

Post a Comment