4.20.2010

Andrew Sullivan On The Teabaggers

I tend to agree with Andrew Sullivan more than I care to, as in this great analysis:
And this is why, despite my own deep suspicion of big government, I remain unmoved by the tea-partiers. Their partisanship and cultural hostility to Obama are far more intense, it seems to me, than their genuine proposals to reduce spending and taxation. And this is largely because they have no genuine proposals to reduce spending and taxation. They seem very protective of Medicare and Social Security - and their older age bracket underlines this. They also seem primed for maximal neo-imperial reach, backing the nation-building efforts in Afghanistan and Iraq, favoring war against Iran, etc. Only Ron Paul, peace be upon him, extends his big government critique to the military-industrial-ideological complex.
I can't speak for Mr. Sullivan, but here is my own brusque protestation of the Teabaggers: I won't be a tool of corporate-funded, superstitious imbeciles who casually use the words of my ideology to herd benighted mooncalves towards an anti-individual, Christian corporatist autocracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment