9.22.2010

What Darwin Never Knew

NOVA's What Darwin Never Knew should be shown in every elementary classroom across this country. I put it on to casually view what I already knew; instead, I got sucked in and watched it from middle to end.

Sean B. Carroll is, in my opinion, one of the greatest science educators of our time. His books, and his explanations in this documentary, are simple and sublime.

I think I'm going to have to buy this one.



The religious always get evolution wrong: evolutionary theory explains the changes in biodiversity we observe in the past through the present. Every new post-Darwinian scientific discovery--from the rediscovery of Mendelian genetics, to the discovery of DNA as the molecule of inheritance, to the modern understanding of developmental biology--had every chance of overturning Darwin's theory. Instead, each of those monumental scientific breakthroughs modified his theory to make it more accurate.

Evolution is a fact; the theory of evolution is, to date, incontrovertible. Gods are, to date, controvertible.

No comments:

Post a Comment