8.11.2010

Put your thinking tuques on




Inception theory du jour of the day

I have always thought the name Ariadne to be lovely & have used it in various games. When I realized it was Ellen Page's character's name I was intrigued: Why pick a name from Greek antiquity? Ah, Christopher Nolan, you scamp, you are truly a thinking man's director.

Ariadne helped Theseus get out of the Minotaur's labyrinth by trailing string. Obviously this can refer to Inception's Ariadne's abilities as a dream architect, but can it also be a sly way of Christopher Nolan telling us what really happened to Cobb?

That's all the thinking I can do today. Now, back the to The Sims.


1 comment:

  1. I didn't make that connection, but it was clearly a "hidden theme."

    I've seen this film twice, and I'm tempted to see it again. It got better by an order of magnitude the second time.

    My opinion on the ending: who cares whether it is a dream or reality. At that point, both are indistinguishable. And who are we to judge a dream over reality?

    Live Vertigo, it's a brilliant movie that twists you, embraces you, then breaks you. All in pretty...

    ReplyDelete