7.16.2010

I [Heart] Jeanne Gang

So Fucking Pretty!

We've all drooled over Aqua, master architect Jeanne Gang's masterpiece of organic pageantry that fuses mid-century modernism with contemporary, energy-efficient construction.

I'm a big fan of Blair Kamin's Chicago Tribune blog, and he has a great post about Gang's contribution to Lincoln Park's ecologic renovation of the south pond.

Watch the video here, although you have to give it several minutes to load up and play. It's worth the wait: it's so fucking pretty I can't stand it.

Today, I drove across Florence's old Art Deco dam, and I drove past Frank Lloyd Wright's Usonian Rosenbaum house. How it pains me to see our progressive architectural heritage cast away by Americans who think that convenience and slack is comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment