9.04.2009

Album Review: Here Comes Science

After listening to "Science Is Real" on the Amazon.com site about 20 times, I decided to buy the music-only version of Here Comes Science on iTunes, even though I had already pre-ordered the CD/DVD version from Amazon. It's only 10 bucks on iTunes if you don't get the videos, and I don't have a problem with buying something twice when it comes to TMBG.

So the review: it's the best TMBG album ever, ever, ever, regardless of whether it's for kids or adults. It's like any Pixar film: it's for the adults as much as it is for kids. Lincoln, Flood, and Apollo 18 are all brilliant, but this one surpasses them all.

The sun is a miasma of incandescent plasma, not a mass of incandescent gas. And science is real.

My favorite song, however, is the last: The Ballad of Davy Crockett (In Outer Space).

2 comments:

  1. Well, you know what's going to be playing in my car for the next 5 years or so...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have kids, but if I had to pick an album to listen to for the next 5 years...

    Ok, it wouldn't be this, but if I had to pick a TMBG album to listen to for the next 5 years, this would be it.

    Remember, once the little cretins are 6 and know that smoking pot and having sex is cool, Doolittle is great.

    ReplyDelete