6.08.2008

Early Predictions

McCain will take Alabama, but not by over 60% like Bush did.

I'll go further: he won't get over 55%. Furthermore, Obama will not hold fund-raisers here, like McCain will. Obama will hold huge rallies, forcing McCain to spend the money he doesn't have in a state he shouldn't have to.

Georgia will become a battlegroud state in the same way, only closer. McCain will take it, but it will be very, very close. Again, money he doesn't have.

Even if McCain wins overall, he will have a Congress powerful enough to enact real gridlock and oversight. I [heart] oversight. Last time I read the Constitution, it was what Congress is for...

But he won't win. Enough Republicans will vote for libertarian Bob Barr to foil the election.

I expect the debates to be interesting enough to turn off most Americans. That's a good thing too.

Finally, kegger at my place when our "elected" asshole gets into that stately Marine helicopter and gets the fuck out of my life. Don't let the door hit your lack of common decency on the way out, douche nozzle!

5 comments:

  1. What about all the Hill-dog folks? Shouldn't there be more of them than Barrites?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never imagined it would come to this.

    How did this happen?
    The GOP has made us consider, and ultimately pull for, a fiscally liberal Senator from Illinois.

    What has the world come to?
    Big spending, 'Big Brother' Republicans, conspiring against the libertarians (us) among them. I hate them.

    As our friend Lewis said a couple of years ago, "Mike you vote Republican and they wouldn't even have you anymore, if they knew what you really thought." Bastards.

    They get what they deserve and we get the shaft. Bastards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I got this from Bromide, but it has an interesting look now:
    http://www.electoral-vote.com/

    We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting analysis of their tax policies: CNN.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the best we can do is to make McCain spend money in our state. I'd like to try and do that.

    ReplyDelete