10.01.2009

Recoil In Horror

Glenn Beck is the voice of the resistance. And he is a horror.



I have plenty of problems with idolizing any President of the United States. I had the same problems when Republicans did it to Bush the Younger. When I questioned their policies in Afghanistan and their grossly optimistic invasion strategy in Iraq, I was called anti-American, anti-patriotic, anti-military, and pro-defeat. As an atheist, I have been called worse by both sides. But this tirade is indicative of the modern Republican party, ruled now by the fetishists of the Christian moral authoritarians. No matter what the Democratic Party does from here on, it will be blamed on two groups: atheists and gays. We are their bete noir, their Michael Myers slashing their "rights" (read: Christian exceptionalism) through countless fantasy-narratives of invented persecution.

No comments:

Post a Comment