5.03.2009

The Dumbest Article I've Ever Read On IO9

I would like to nerd out a little bit.

5 Favorite Start Trek Rip-offs

  1. Bablylon 5 did not "rip off" Star Trek. The only heavy "influence" was that Star Trek: The Next Permutation showed JMS exactly how NOT to do a sci-fi television series. I don't know how anyone could believe that a realism sci-fi series loosely based on Lord of the Rings with some HP Lovecraft dust sprinkled about was ripped off from a utopian futurism television show. And don't get me started on Deep Shit 9 and ripping other shows off...
  2. Galaxy Quest did not "rip off" Star Trek. It parodied it (and very, very well I might add). The difference should be obvious to anyone old enough to know that he shouldn't be living in his parents' basement.

1 comment:

  1. You nailed it, despite their protestations. On the upside, I downloaded "Switchblade Honey" and read it - well worth it.

    ReplyDelete